
A large and eminently satisfying village church. The old part – north aisle of fourteenth-century date and tower of the fifteenth century – was enlarged in 1839 by a rebuilt nave and chancel. The architects were Rickman and Hussey, pioneers of the nineteenth-century Gothic Revival. In the north aisle is the monument by Scheemakers to Sir Brook Bridges (d. 1717) who built Goodnestone Park, the gardens of which abut the churchyard.

Leave a comment